Mayo-Free Deviled Eggs
Try this quick and easy deviled egg recipe with a twist for snack time or anytime.
Kelly Abramson MS, RD is a dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who works with clients in Alexandria, VA and virtually via telehealth. She guides women as they break free from dieting to find joy in food and their bodies. Kelly blogs regularly at NpowerYou.com and has created a free e-book for download, “7 Steps to Overcome Stress Eating.”
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 2 deviled eggs
- Category: Healthy Snacks
- 2 eggs, hard boiled and cooled
- 2 tbsp. hummus (use your favorite brand and flavor)
- Optional: sesame seeds, everything seasoning or fresh herbs
- Prepare hard boiled eggs and cool.
- Peel eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out yolk of each egg and place in a medium sized bowl. Place the egg whites on a plate.
- Add the hummus to the egg yolks and mash with a fork until smooth.
- Using a spoon, scoop the hummus/egg yolk mixture back into the egg whites, dividing evenly.
- If desired, sprinkle with some fresh herbs, sesame seeds, or everything seasoning
- Enjoy plain or with crackers or bread!