Don’t Finish Your Holiday Shopping Until You Check Out This Dietitian-Curated Guide
Well, it’s December already!
As we near the end of 2020, you’re probably looking for some gift ideas for yourself or others in your life. And if you’re working towards making peace with food and your body, you may be finding the holiday season to be especially challenging.
All too often, the messages around ‘good’ and ‘bad’ foods, fear of weight gain, ‘earning and burning’ our food creates a toxic atmosphere for us. But, I’ve got your back!
Whether it’s getting meals on the table during the holiday season, or helping you expand your thinking around food and your body, there’s something for everyone!
I hope you enjoy this collection and that you’ll consider expanding your horizons (and those of your friends and family) by trying something new this year.
I’ve created a holiday gift guide that will help to reduce the stress and overwhelm you might be feeling around food and your body.
- Intuitive Eating, 4th ed. by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch – new edition released in 2020
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch
- Beautiful You: A Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance by Rosie Molinary
- Body Respect by Bacon and Aphamour
- Body Kindness by Rebecca Stritchfield
- Nourish by Heidi Schauster
- The Body Is Not An Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor
- Embody: Learning To Love Your Unique Body (And Quiet That Critical Voice!) by Connie Sobcak
- Your Child’s Weight: How to Help without Harming by Ellyn Satter
For teens in your life:
- No Weigh! by Aggarwal, Darpinian & Sterling
- The Intutive Eating Workbook for Teens by Elyse Resch
- The Body Image Book for Girls: Love Yourself and Grow Up Fearless by Charlotte Markey
Meal prep & planning
Gift to someone or to yourself! For more detail on many of these services, check out my article: 4 Simple Solutions For Delicious Meals When You Are Short On Time
- Daily Harvest
- The Fresh 20
- Hello Fresh
- Ten Percent Happier (now free for essential workers)
Subscriptions, healing cards, etc.
- The Recovery Box – journals, prompts, etc to help with eating disorder and diet recovery
- Therabox – therapist curated self-care subscription boxes
- Body Trust Card Deck
- The Mindful Dietitian Body Healing Cards
Clothing with a non-diet message:
P.S.: Do you know the best gift you can give to yourself and your loved-ones? Not talking about your new diet, the calories in the food you are eating, or making comments about bodies. Sometimes these comments seem benign, but every day I hear the hurt and shame they cause. Remember: there’s always something more interesting to discuss: a new book, TV series, post-COVID trip….
And this gift is even free!
Are you new to my blog? I love helping women as they ditch yo-yo dieting and find joy and freedom with food and their food and their bodies.
Here are links to some of my favorite articles:
- What is Intuitive Eating?
- Principle 1 of Intuitive Eating – Ditch the Diet Mentality
- Principle 2 of Intuitive Eating: Honor Your Hunger
- 5 Steps to Make Peace with Food: Principle 3 of Intuitive Eating
- How to Deal with Food Pushers at the Holidays
Kelly Abramson MS, RD is a dietitian and Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor who works with clients in Alexandria, VA and virtually via telehealth. She guides women as they break free from dieting to find joy in food and their bodies. Kelly blogs regularly at NpowerYou.com and has created a free e-book for download, “7 Steps to Overcome Stress Eating.”